TexARTS Musical Theatre Conservatory (MTC)
Beginning Spring 2019
TexARTS Musical Theatre Conservatory (MTC) is a training program for high school students interested in developing their musical theatre skills at a very high level. MTC students work with experienced industry professionals who guide them in developing their artistry and broadening their performance skills.
MTC students also develop confidence and learn practical skills through ongoing training in auditioning techniques, with specialized coaching provided in the junior and senior years to successfully prepare students who are auditioning for college musical theatre programs.
TexARTS Musical Theatre Conservatory offers a comprehensive arc of training across the year that includes voice lessons, monologue coaching, ballet, tap, and musical theatre dance classes, dance audition coaching, audition prep and skills including prescreen video, resumé/headshot, and rep coaching, mock auditions, and master classes and summer intensives featuring guest artists.
What makes MTC different from other training programs?
Our program places the focus on the student’s strengths, interests, and needs!
- Enrollment is through one-on-one assessment/private consultation and not audition-based
- Coordination of audition repertoire with student’s private voice teacher
- Professional audition cuts and piano accompaniment recordings (3 songs per year) are included in tuition
- Early enrollment for Texas Musical Theatre Workshop (TXMTW) summer intensive
- Optional musical theatre experiences offered at no extra charge (these vary year-to-year)
- Opportunities for casting/internships at TexARTS (these vary year-to-year)
- Session dates avoid school testing weeks and busy school/family time in December and May.
Tentative Dates for Spring 2019
Students meet Thursdays 5:30 – 9:30 p.m. for 12 weeks
January 10, 17, 24, 31
February 7, 14
March 7, 14, 28
April 4, 18, 25