TexARTS is excited to announce a new program for our students as they embark on the 2020-2021 school year. We recognize the need for some of our remote learners to be able to socialize in a small group environment and we hope to be able to contribute a safe, social, performing arts focused learning environment to our community. To be considered, please read the following information and fill out the application below before August 5th, 2020.
– Cassie Eckerman, Education Manager.
TexARTS Performing Arts School
TexARTS Small Group Online Learning Facilitation Program (TexARTS Performing Arts School or T-PAS) is a new 2 day per week program that offers group socialization and supplemental arts instruction in a small group setting. Open to students from 4th grade through middle school, students will attend TexARTS for their regular school day, participate in their school’s remote learning activities, and take two performing arts classes per day.
Students will be divided into an elementary school group and a middle school group meeting on alternating days. See below for more information on your specific group schedule. T-PAS students are welcome to add additional after school classes from our weekly technique class schedule. T-PAS Arts classes do not count towards the after school multiclass discount.
It should be noted – this is a new program and as such will evolve and change with the needs of the families involved. A minimum number of enrollments will be required in order for the program to proceed. Any changes, updates, or additional information will be communicated via email.
Parents should fill out the application here. Applicants will be reviewed and contacted for further information if they advance to the next phase of the process. There are 24 total slots available, 12 for elementary school and 12 for middle school.
Application deadline is Aug. 5th.
Students in grades 4 and 5 will attend T-PAS on Mondays and Wednesdays from 7:30am to 3:00pm. The program will begin on August 24th, but then T-PAS will follow the LTISD calendar.
Students in grades 6, 7, and 8 will attend T-PAS on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:40am to 4:10pm. The program will begin on August 25th, but then T-PAS will follow the LTISD calendar.
Performing Arts Classes:
Supplemental arts instruction will be offered to the group in Ballet, Tap, Jazz, and Acting with TexARTS instructors. Classes will be one hour in length and conform to normal TexARTS standards and dress code.
TexARTS cannot provide lunches for students, although bottled water and small snacks are available for purchase. Parents will be able to purchase snack credit for their child to use throughout the semester.
Tuition & Pricing:
- Total cost of the program is $2,700.00 for the semester, or $1,350 per grading period.
- For families attending for the whole semester this will be broken down into 3 payments of $900 due on August 14, October 1, and November 1.
- For families opting for a 9-week grading period commitment, payment is due in full upon registration.
- A one-time registration fee of $25.00 will be charged in addition to the first payment and a portion of that payment ($275.00) is a nonrefundable deposit.
Students will wear masks for the duration of the day, including during performing arts classes. Instructors will provide individual guidance as to the best way to learn techniques and remain socially distant during performing arts classes.
Students will remain socially distanced throughout the day, and will each have their own workstations. Students will be responsible for cleaning and disinfecting their areas at the end of each school day, and the facility will be disinfected nightly.
All parents and teachers will be notified of COVID exposures and will be expected to notify TexARTS immediately if their student or immediate family member is exposed, becomes ill, or has a positive COVID test result. We expect all instructors, students, families, and staff to act responsibly and avoid unnecessary exposures to the public for the safety of the whole group.
Will lunch or snacks be provided by TexARTS during the school day?
- No, TexARTS will not provide lunch service or refrigeration for students; parents should pack healthy, nut-free lunches. We have small snacks and bottled water available for purchase. Parents can purchase snack credit through the office.
Who is supervising students?
- Students will be supervised by an Academic Coach who will be able to provide guidance, ensure proper distancing, manage the daily schedule, and ensure student safety throughout the day.
What COVID precautions are being taken?
- Students will be required to remain socially distanced and wear masks for the time they’re in the building, including their performing arts classes. Instructors will provide guidance as to how to effectively learn techniques and maintain appropriate safety measures. Students will also be responsible for cleaning and disinfecting their own areas at the end of each day, and the facility will be sanitized nightly.
How do I register my child for T-PAS?
- Admittance is application based. You may submit your online application here. Once your application is reviewed you may be contacted for further information. There are 24 seats available.
What performing arts classes will be offered?
- TexARTS will offer Ballet, Tap, Jazz, and Acting to all T-PAS students. Since elementary school and middle school will be separated into different days, classes will be leveled by age. Students needing any extra arts instruction are welcome to schedule private lessons with their instructors.
Is T-PAS for the whole year or the semester? What if schools reopen and my child wants to go back?
- The commitment to T-PAS is a minimum of one 9 week grading period; students may choose to commit for one grading period or the whole semester. See the payment breakdown above for payment options. We are unable to grant refunds for students that want to return to their main school mid-grading period. All monies paid are nonrefundable.
Is it possible for my child to only attend the performing arts classes and continue their remote learning at home?
- The T-PAS performing arts classes are only open to T-PAS students, however our after school technique classes will be open with limited in-person availability and online options.
What if my child wants to participate in T-PAS AND take additional technique classes?
- Our after school classes are open with limited in-person availability and many classes will also have an online/Zoom option. T-PAS students are welcome to enroll in any of our after school classes, however T-PAS arts classes do not count towards the after school multiclass discount. Any students wanting to participate in T-PAS and audition for T3 should email firstname.lastname@example.org for an individualized pricing break down.
Who should I contact if I have a question not answered here?