TUITION & POLICIES
Registration and Tuition Payments
Registration for TexARTS Academy classes is first come, first served. The 2019-2020 academy year runs August 26, 2019 to May 16, 2020, excluding holidays noted on the Academy calendar. There is an annual one-time registration fee of $25 per student. The first month’s tuition and registration fee are due at enrollment.
- TexARTS accepts tuition payments made by check, bank debit card, or credit card (Visa, Master Card, Discover). Returned checks will incur a $35 fee. All tuition fees are nonrefundable.
- Monthly tuition fees are due by the 1st of the month. A $15 fee will be applied to payments received after the 5th of the month. If payment is more than 30 days late, classes will be suspended until the balance is settled.
- Students enrolled in two Academy technique classes receive a discount of 15% on their classes. Students enrolled in three to four Academy technique classes receive a discount of 20% on their classes. Students enrolling in five or more Academy technique classes will receive their additional classes free of charge.
- TexARTS does not prorate for holidays, dropped classes, late enrollment, or student absences.
- Discounts do not apply to the TexARTS Triple-Threat program, Musical Theatre Academy Classes (MTA), Master Classes, Plays, or Camps.
- Holiday Camps, MTA, Master Classes, and Workshops must be paid in full upon registration.
- TexARTS Triple Threat students should only register for their respective programs, not individual classes.
- TexARTS reserves the right to cancel camps, classes, or programs at its sole discretion. If that event occurs, TexARTS will refund the purchase amount, prorated.
Attendance and Missed Class Policy
Consistent attendance is essential for progress in visual and performing arts. Missed classes will not be refunded. If a student must miss class, please inform the TexARTS Academy Office of absence and schedule an age/level appropriate makeup class, if one is available. Students with any obvious symptoms of illness including fever, persistent cough, runny nose, nausea, etc. will not be permitted to participate in classes. Any student more than 15 minutes late to class may be asked to sit out and watch. Students with excessive absences may not be eligible to participate in the annual showcase.
**Attendance for TexARTS Triple Threat Program and the Musical Theater Academy Productions will be strictly enforced. Students are committing to a pre-professional program and will be treated accordingly. Students with two or more absences (illness will be excused) may be dismissed from the group. Directors must be notified in advance of any prior commitments.
TexARTS reserves the right to place students in classes according to age and ability at the sole discretion of the class instructor. Please contact TexARTS Academy Office with any questions concerning placement.
TexARTS is not responsible for providing before or after class care for students. Students left unattended for more than five minutes after class will incur a $15 late pickup fee. Children under ten years of age must be accompanied to and from the entryway of the TexARTS facility by an adult. Once outside of the TexARTS facility, the welfare of the student is the responsibility of the parent or legal guardian.
Annual Recital (Showcase) Information:
All students are encouraged to participate in TexARTS’ annual showcase, which will take place May 15-16, 2020. The deadline for showcase registration and costume order(s) is Friday, December 13, 2019. Costumes for the annual showcase are $65 per costume (there will be no costume fees for acting and voice student performances). Photos and a video of the showcase will be available for purchase at the showcase.
- TexARTS reserves the right to refuse service to anyone. Class instructors may dismiss any student from class due to disciplinary problems.
- TexARTS strives to offer a generous selection of classes for students of all ages, but schedules and instructors are subject to change depending on instructor availability, level of student enrollment, and other such factors. Classes with enrollment of less than four students may be cancelled.
- Personal consultations with instructors are available by appointment only and should be made through the Academy office. Instructors are not available before, after, or in between classes to discuss problems, concerns, or questions.
TexARTS offers full and partial scholarships to students in need. Please contact the Education Manager directly for assistance.
Assumption of Risk and Release of Liability
Participation in TexARTS activities is voluntary. By enrolling the student in TexARTS activities, the parent or legal guardian gives consent and permission for the student to participate. When participating in TexARTS activities, whether on-site in the TexARTS studios or at an alternative off-site location, the student/parent/guardian will not hold TexARTS, its owners, instructors, board members, employees and agents responsible or liable for any loss, injuries or damages incurred.
Photo Release and Video Release
By enrolling a student in TexARTS activities, the parent or legal guardian grants TexARTS permission to take and use photographs and video footage of students, instructors and staff members during class and performances in its promotional materials.