Policies and Procedures
Registration for TexARTS Academy classes, camps, and programs is first come, first served. There is a one-time, annual registration fee of $40 per family.
Tuition and Fees
- Monthly tuition fees are due by the 1st of the month.
- The first month’s tuition and registration fee are due upon enrollment.
- Students enrolled in two (2) weekly technique classes receive a 15% discount on their monthly tuition. Students enrolled in three (3) to five (5) weekly technique classes receive a 20% discount on monthly tuition. Students enrolling in more than five (5) weekly technique classes will receive any additional classes free of charge.
- Discounts only apply to weekly technique classes and do not apply to the TexARTS Triple-Threat (T3) program, Musical Theatre Academy (MTA), Master Classes, the TexARTS Performing Arts School (T-PAS), Plays, or Camps.
- All tuition fees are non-refundable.
- TexARTS accepts tuition payments made by bank debit card, or credit card (Visa, Master Card, Discover). During the COVID-19 pandemic, we are no longer accepting cash or checks as payment. Please use the online parent portal to pay fees and manage your account.
- A $15 late fee is applied to payments received after the 5th of the month. If payment is more than 30 days late, classes will be suspended until the tuition balance is settled.
- TexARTS does not prorate tuition for holidays, dropped classes, late enrollment, or student absences.
- A non-refundable deposit of 20% is required upon enrolling in all summer camps. The remaining balance is paid in two additional installments. Camp enrollments made after these dates will be paid in full at the time of registration. All monies paid are nonrefundable.
- TexARTS reserves the right to cancel classes, camps, or programs at its sole discretion. If TexARTS cancels a class, camp, or program, TexARTS will make all efforts to reschedule the event for a later date, issue an account credit or if requested, refund a prorated amount less processing fees.
Late Pickup Fee
- TexARTS is not responsible for providing before or after class care for students. Account holders will incur a $15 late pickup fee for students left unattended for more than five minutes after a program ends.
- TexARTS requires written notification from the account holder to withdraw a student from classes.
- Written notification must be received by the 20th of the month to stop billing for the next month. If written notification is received after the 20th, then the account holder will be responsible for the tuition payment for the next month.
- Written notification must be submitted through the online parent portal or via email to the Education Manager. Notifications will not be accepted through social media accounts, or the general inquiry form on our website.
- The account holder should not consider classes dropped until a confirmation is received from the Academy Office.
- Tuition monies paid will not be refunded or prorated.
- Missed classes due to a student’s absence will not be refunded or prorated.
- Once a withdrawal request is processed, students may continue to attend class through the end of the month.
- Students are NOT automatically dropped from classes for nonattendance and tuition charges and fees will continue to be billed until written notification is received by the Academy Office.
Weekly Technique Classes
Weekly Technique Classes for the 2020-2021 academic year will take place from August 24, 2020 – May 29, 2021; excluding holidays indicated on the TexARTS Calendar.
- Class enrollment is for the 2020-2021 academy year. Classes do not conclude at the end of the Fall semester and re-enrollment is not required for the Spring semester.
- Most Technique Classes are conducted both online (via Zoom) and in the studio (in-person classes are limited to 8 students). The two class options take place at the same time.
- Students enrolled in studio classes may elect to transfer to the online option at any time;
- Students enrolled in the online classes may transfer to the studio option, pending availability. Students will be put on a waitlist until a studio spot becomes available.
- Class transfers must be requested by contacting the Academy Office.·
- Group Voice or Visual Arts classes are currently only offered online.
- TexARTS strives to offer a generous selection of classes for students of all ages, but schedules and instructors are subject to change depending on instructor availability, level of student enrollment, and other such factors.
- Classes with enrollment of three or less may be cancelled and TexARTS will work with families to transfer students to the appropriate class or find another suitable solution.
TexARTS reserves the right to place students in classes or programs according to age and ability at the sole discretion of the class instructor. Please contact TexARTS Academy Office with any questions concerning placement.
Consistent attendance is essential for progress in visual and performing arts.
- Attendance will be taken in each Academy class.
- Students must arrive prepared, properly dressed, and on time for all scheduled classes.
- Attendance in TexARTS Triple Threat Program and the Musical Theater Academy Productions will be strictly enforced. Students are committing to a pre-professional program and will be treated accordingly. Students in these programs with two or more absences (illness will be excused) may be dismissed from these programs.
- Directors must be notified in advance of any prior scheduling conflicts or commitments.
- If a student must miss a class, please inform the TexARTS Academy Office of absence.
- Students with excessive absences or tardies may not be eligible to participate in performances or the end of year showcase.
- Make-up classes, due to a student’s absence, are not available during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Any student more than 15 minutes late to class may be asked to sit and watch class.
Student Conduct Policies
- Students attending TexARTS classes or camps agree to abide by classroom rules and guidelines including social distancing, dress code, and respectful conduct.
- Respectful conduct extends to instructors, fellow students, and the facility. Students not engaging in respectful conduct may be asked to sit and watch class. Instructors may also dismiss any student from the class if disciplinary problems continue. Following that, instructors may request a parent/teacher meeting through the Education Manager.
- If the situation is not able to be resolved, students may be transferred or removed from class or camp
Additional Organizational Policies
- Children under ten years of age must be accompanied to and from the entryway of the TexARTS facility by an adult. Once outside of the TexARTS facility, the welfare of the student is the responsibility of the parent or legal guardian.
- Personal consultations with instructors are available by appointment only and should be made through the Education Manager.
- Instructors are not available before, after, or in between classes to discuss problems, concerns, or questions.
- TexARTS Academy communicates with families via email. All families will receive emails concerning automatic payment receipts and enrollment confirmations. Account holders opting out of email blasts will miss vital information about class requirements, cancellations, schedule changes, and payment reminders. Families wishing to opt out of marketing emails only may request a note be put on their account.
- TexARTS reserves the right to refuse service to anyone.
Health and Safety
All students attending studio classes will be required to abide by the Health and Safety requirements listed below.
Entering the Facility: Anyone entering the TexARTS facility is required by state mandate to wear a face mask. All customers must sanitize their hands at the door before proceeding to the front desk or a class. Students, parents, and staff may also be required to have their temperature taken at the door with a touchless thermometer. Parents are encouraged to remain in their vehicle during class times. Anyone entering the building with any signs or symptoms of illness may be asked to remain outside. Anyone in the building will remain socially distant at all times.
Attending Class: Students may bring a sealed water bottle, hand sanitizer, dance shoes, and any items the class requires into the studio. All other personal items including bags and street shoes should remain in designated spaces outside the studio. Water fountain access is not currently available. Water may be purchased from the Academy Box Office.
In the Event of Illness: Any person entering the facility with signs or symptoms of illness may be asked to wait outside or leave. Students with signs or symptoms will not be permitted to participate in studio classes and may elect to switch to online. Students presenting with signs or symptoms during a class will be sent home.
Assumption of Risk and Release of Liability
Participation in TexARTS activities is voluntary. By enrolling the student in TexARTS activities, the parent or legal guardian gives consent and permission for the student to participate. When participating in TexARTS activities, whether on-site in the TexARTS studios or at an alternative off-site location, the student/parent/guardian will not hold TexARTS, its officers, board members, directors, managers, officials, agents, employees, owners, staff, instructors or other representatives responsible or liable for any loss, injuries, illness or damages incurred.
COVID-19 Warning and Release
The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is reported to be extremely contagious. The virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person, through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs, sneezes, or talks. There is no known treatment, cure, or vaccine for COVID-19.
Evidence has shown that COVID-19 can cause serious and potentially life threatening illness and even death. TexARTS Association cannot prevent you or your child(ren) from becoming exposed to, contracting, or spreading COVID-19 while utilizing TexARTS Association’s services or premises.
COVID-19 Release. I have read and understood the above warning concerning COVID-19. I hereby choose to accept the risk of contracting COVID-19 for myself and/or my children in order to utilize TexARTS Association’s services and enter TexARTS Association premises. I release and waive my right to bring suit against TexARTS Association and its officers, board members, directors, managers, officials, agents, employees, owners, staff, instructors or other representatives in connection with exposure, infection, and/or spread of COVID-19 related to utilizing TexARTS Association’s services and premises. I understand that this waiver means I give up my right to bring any claims including for personal injuries, death, disease or property losses, or any other loss, including but not limited to claims of negligence and give up any claim I may have to seek damages, whether known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen. TexARTS does NOT claim that the strategies and protocols put into place to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 will be 100% effective or unfailing.
I further agree to perform this checklist daily on the enrolled participant and WILL STAY HOME if the answer is yes to any of the following:
- Are you, or anyone in your household, exhibiting flu-like symptoms (coughing, sneezing, shortness of breath)?
- Within the past 14 days, have you, or anyone in your household, come into contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19?
- Within the past 24 hours, have you, or anyone in your household, had a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher?
Photo and Video Release
By enrolling a student in TexARTS activities, the parent or legal guardian grants TexARTS permission to take and use photographs and video footage of students, instructors and staff members during class and performances in its promotional materials.