TUITION & POLICIES
Registration and Tuition Payments
Registration for TexARTS Academy classes is first come, first served. The 2020 Summer Academy runs June 1st through July 31st excluding holidays noted on the Academy calendar. There is an annual one-time registration fee of $25 per student for new students not previously enrolled in the 2019-2020 Academy year. The first month’s tuition and registration fee are due at enrollment.
- TexARTS accepts tuition payments made by bank debit card, or credit card (Visa, Master Card, Discover). All tuition fees are nonrefundable.
- As part of our efforts to protect our staff during the COVID-19 pandemic we are no longer accepting cash or checks as payment and request that all families use the online parent portal to pay tuition fees and manage their account.
- Monthly tuition fees are due by the 1st of the month. A $15 fee will be applied to payments received after the 5th of the month. If payment is more than 30 days late, classes will be suspended until the balance is settled.
- Students enrolled in two Academy technique classes receive a discount of 15% on their classes. Students enrolled in three to four Academy technique classes receive a discount of 20% on their classes. Students enrolling in five or more Academy technique classes will receive their additional classes free of charge.
- TexARTS does not prorate for holidays, dropped classes, late enrollment, or student absences.
- Discounts do not apply to the TexARTS Triple-Threat program, Musical Theatre Academy Classes (MTA), Master Classes, Plays, or Camps.
- Holiday Camps, MTA, Master Classes, and Workshops must be paid in full upon registration.
- TexARTS reserves the right to cancel camps, classes, or programs at its sole discretion. If that event occurs, TexARTS will refund the purchase amount, prorated.
Summer Online Classes
Technique classes for Summer 2020 are online via the Zoom platform. Information regarding login and access to supplemental materials will be communicated via email. Some classes will utilize the Google Classroom application in order to assign material and provide class content.
- Summer online classes are billed monthly and tuition is due by the 1st of the month. A $15 fee will be applied to payments received after the 5th of the month. If payment is more than 30 days late, classes will be suspended until the balance is settled.
- Normal Academy discounts for enrolling in multiple classes will still apply. See above.
- The Triple Threat program will resume after auditions at the TexARTS Dance Intensive, August 10-14 for the 2020-2021 season. Any discounts or fees associated with the program will be suspended until enrollment for Fall 2020.
Health and Safety
Students attending studio camps or classes are required to submit an online health questionnaire before arriving at the building. Anyone entering the building may also be required to have their temperature taken at the door with a touchless thermometer. Students with any signs or symptoms of illness including those that may be attributed to seasonal allergies will be sent home immediately.
TexARTS does NOT claim that the strategies and protocols put into place to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 will be 100% effective or unfailing. By attending studio classes or camps, students and families are accepting the risk posed by participating in group activities and will not hold TexARTS responsible for any illness.
Attendance and Missed Class Policy
Consistent attendance is essential for progress in visual and performing arts. Missed classes will not be refunded. If a student must miss class, please inform the TexARTS Academy Office of absence. Makeup classes are not available for studio classes or camps during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Students with ANY symptoms of illness including fever, persistent cough, runny nose, nausea, etc. will not be permitted to participate in studio classes or camps. Any student more than 15 minutes late to class may be asked to sit out and watch. Students with excessive absences may not be eligible to participate in performances.
**Attendance for TexARTS Triple Threat Program and the Musical Theater Academy Productions will be strictly enforced. Students are committing to a pre-professional program and will be treated accordingly. Students with two or more absences (illness will be excused) may be dismissed from the group. Directors must be notified in advance of any prior commitments.
TexARTS reserves the right to place students in classes according to age and ability at the sole discretion of the class instructor. Please contact TexARTS Academy Office with any questions concerning placement.
TexARTS is not responsible for providing before or after class care for students. Students left unattended for more than five minutes after class will incur a $15 late pickup fee. Children under ten years of age must be accompanied to and from the entryway of the TexARTS facility by an adult. Once outside of the TexARTS facility, the welfare of the student is the responsibility of the parent or legal guardian.
TexARTS requires written notification from the account holder in order to drop a student from classes. This may be done through the online parent portal or via email directly to the Education Manager. Customers should not consider classes dropped until a written confirmation is received. Students are NOT automatically dropped from classes for nonattendance.
- TexARTS reserves the right to refuse service to anyone. Class instructors may dismiss any student from class due to disciplinary problems.
- TexARTS strives to offer a generous selection of classes for students of all ages, but schedules and instructors are subject to change depending on instructor availability, level of student enrollment, and other such factors. Classes with enrollment of less than four students may be cancelled.
- Personal consultations with instructors are available by appointment only and should be made through the Academy office. Instructors are not available before, after, or in between classes to discuss problems, concerns, or questions.
TexARTS offers full and partial scholarships to students in need. Please contact the Education Manager directly for assistance.
Assumption of Risk and Release of Liability
Participation in TexARTS activities is voluntary. By enrolling the student in TexARTS activities, the parent or legal guardian gives consent and permission for the student to participate. When participating in TexARTS activities, whether on-site in the TexARTS studios or at an alternative off-site location, the student/parent/guardian will not hold TexARTS, its owners, instructors, board members, employees and agents responsible or liable for any loss, injuries, illness or damages incurred.
Photo Release and Video Release
By enrolling a student in TexARTS activities, the parent or legal guardian grants TexARTS permission to take and use photographs and video footage of students, instructors and staff members during class and performances in its promotional materials.