THE LATEST INFORMATION ON OUR RESPONSE TO COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS)
Updated April 30, 2020
Like you, we have been closely following the spread of COVID-19. TexARTS stands with our community leaders and is taking steps to slow the spread of the virus in accordance with the latest City of Lakeway ‘Declaration of Disaster’ and CDC guidance regarding public gatherings.
To best support your health and safety, along with that of our students, artists and staff, we are making the following adjustments to our academy performance schedule and classes.
Spring Musical Theatre Academy (MTA) performances of You’re a Good Man Charlie Brown and Aladdin, Jr. are cancelled.
With hopes of a return in May, we delayed making this decision as we monitored recommendations from local, county, and state officials. This is a difficult decision. We know that our families and students will be disappointed, but this is the responsible decision to make in order to protect our community.
The loss of revenues from the cancellation of the spring shows, along other planned educational programs, creates tremendous and lasting hardships on our nonprofit organization, teachers, designers, and staff. This earned revenue makes up approximately 50% of our annual budget. The only way to move forward and sustain TexARTS for you and future families is to retain as much of our earned revenue as possible. We need your help more than ever. As we navigate the logistics of cancelling these productions, we have a few options for our families.
- Convert your tuition balance and/or the value of your tickets into a tax-deductible donation to provide emergency relief for TexARTS. Like all arts organizations, TexARTS does not have a large reserve of money to handle an unexpected crisis like this. Your gift will provide immediate relief and security to our nonprofit and instructors.
- Receive a credit on your account for upcoming academy programs or productions.
- Make a partial donation/partial credit to your account.
- If these options do not fit your needs, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to accommodate you.
If you are a patron and have purchased tickets to one of the following shows, please submit your ticketing request form(s) by May 3, 2020.
If your child is enrolled in a spring MTA production of “Charlie Brown” or Aladdin Jr., please complete your tuition request form(s) by May 3, 2020.
Spring Academy Classes will resume online Monday, March 30, 2020.
- Billing of tuition for Spring Academy Classes will resume on Monday, April 13, 2020. April’s tuition will be pro-rated. May tuition will be billed on May 1, 2020.
- The spring semester instruction will be extended to Friday, May 29th.
- Annual Academy Showcase is Cancelled.
Summer Camps will tentatively begin in June 2020.
- We are currently working to revise our Summer Camp Schedule. Please check back for updates.
We THANK YOU for your patience as we work through this process with each of our families. Communication between TexARTS and our families is of the utmost importance, so please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com with any questions or concerns.
This COVID-19 crisis is greatly affecting arts organizations and the hundreds of people who rely on the Central Texas Area arts community for their well-being.
Even with our doors closed for a few weeks, we are making a commitment to pay our creative teams, instructors and our staff during this time. And even though the shows, rehearsals and classes cannot go on, our TexARTS family will persist. We always do and have for the past 15 years. We all will soon be back dancing, singing and acting in our studios and telling stories on our stage. In the meantime, we will miss having you in our studios and will look forward to the time where we can come together again.
If you share our commitment to the survival of performing arts and arts education programs in the Austin Area, we humbly ask you to make a contribution or enroll your student in one of our many summer camps.
We appreciate your support and understanding during this difficult time and we are committed to keeping you informed of changes and developments as this ever-changing situation unfolds.