THE LATEST INFORMATION ON OUR RESPONSE TO COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS)
Updated June 29, 2021
As you are all aware, COVID cases in our area continue to fall and we have decided to re-evaluate our COVID protocols. Thank you to all who participated in our survey; we greatly appreciate the input from our community. After careful consideration of the updated CDC guidance, the state of Texas COVID guidelines, and our survey data, TexARTS has decided to implement the following changes as of Tuesday, July 6th, 2021:
- Masks will now be highly recommended for all classes, camps, and rehearsals, but not required. We encourage all vaccinated students to continue bringing a mask to class in the event that they need to work closely together or feel uncomfortable and would like to put one on. We also encourage all of our students younger than 12 to continue wearing masks and we will continue providing masks for all students, staff, and patrons that request them.
- This change in policy may be temporary, if cases begin to rise we will reimplement a masks required policy. We will re-evaluate all of our COVID protocols again in August, please look for another survey as we head into the fall Academy year.
- Temperature checks and hand hygiene at the door will still be required.
- Symptom and illness policies will still be strictly enforced, students with any symptoms of illness should remain home and not attend camps, classes, or rehearsals until symptom free or a negative COVID test. Students presenting symptoms while at TexARTS will be isolated and sent home.
- Online classes will be available upon request, we are happy to send Zoom codes to students preferring or needing to quarantine.
- The water fountains are now available to refill water bottles. Students should still bring a well sealing refillable water bottle with them to class. Bottled water is still available from the front desk for $2.00.
We are excited to take these next steps toward a renewed class experience for all of our students and we understand that the situation continues to evolve and change. We will conduct another survey and re-evaluation of our COVID protocols prior to the start of fall classes in August.
We cannot thank you enough for the support that we’ve received throughout the pandemic, we are so grateful that we have been able to continue to provide quality training, a community, and some normalcy to our students as they pursue their passion for the performing arts. We’re looking forward to continuing an outstanding summer and beginning a wonderful new year in the fall.