THE LATEST INFORMATION ON OUR RESPONSE TO COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS)
Updated Aug. 18, 2021
Reopening Safely for Performances
By attending an Event at at the Kam & James Morris Theatre located at TexARTS Association for Visual and Performing Arts, all patrons are acknowledging their consent to, and agreed to abide by, the COVID-19 protocols that have been adopted by the venue.
Travis County is currently at a high transmission rate for COVID-19. Because of this,
- All patrons are required to wear masks at this event regardless of vaccination status.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be provided throughout the space for patron usage.
- If you are feeling ill or someone in your household is ill, we ask that you please stay home.
- Food and Drink will not be allowed in the facility. For this production, TexARTS will not offer a concession stand and outside food and drink is NOT permitted.
- For the safety of our performers, patrons, and staff, TexARTS has installed in-duct air purifiers to ensuring excellent indoor air quality and upgraded the building’s air filters to the MERV 13 level.
Other protocols may be in effect at the time of Event, which may include, without limitation, temperature checks, health and travel surveys. We reserve the right to unilaterally change protocols according to updated public health guidance and applicable law. Any ticket holder who does not comply with any COVID-19 protocol may be required to leave the venue without any entitlement to a refund.
This Event is full capacity, subject to applicable law and governmental approval. By purchasing a ticket for an Event, you are acknowledging that an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present, and that you and those in your party voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19 and agree not to hold TexARTS Association for Visual and Performing Arts or any of its affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors or volunteers liable for any illness or injury.
Reopening Safely for the Academy
After careful consideration of the updated CDC guidance, the state of Texas COVID guidelines, and our survey data, TexARTS has decided to implement the following changes as of Monday, Aug. 23rd, 2021:
- TexARTS will be following the Austin Public Health and Travis County recommendations for vaccinated low-risk individuals in indoor gatherings with regards to requiring masks during performances, classes, camps, and rehearsals. Masks will be required in the building for all individuals over the age of 5 in Stages 3-5. Masks will be recommended for all individuals in Stages 1 & 2.
- Temperature checks and hand hygiene at the door will still be required.
- Symptom and illness policies will still be strictly enforced, students with any symptoms of illness should remain home and not attend performances, camps, classes, or rehearsals until symptom free or a negative COVID test. Students presenting symptoms while at TexARTS will be isolated and sent home.
- Online classes will be available upon request, we are happy to send Zoom codes to students preferring or needing to quarantine.
- The water fountains are now available to refill water bottles. Students should still bring a well sealing refillable water bottle with them to class. Bottled water is still available from the front desk for $2.00.
We are excited to take these next steps toward a renewed class experience for all of our students and we understand that the situation continues to evolve and change. We will conduct another survey and re-evaluation of our COVID protocols prior to the start of fall classes in August.
We cannot thank you enough for the support that we’ve received throughout the pandemic, we are so grateful that we have been able to continue to provide quality training, a community, and some normalcy to our students as they pursue their passion for the performing arts. We’re looking forward to the beginning of a wonderful new Academy year this fall.