“TexARTS isn’t your standard educational theater program. This isn’t an organization that subscribes to the “if their kids are in it, the parents will love it anyway” mentality. It’s evident in their productions that TexARTS strives to develop young performers while entertaining their audience. That’s exactly what they accomplish.”
TexARTS provides varied and unique opportunities for students to perform in fully-staged musicals, plays, and ballets. Students work with professional creative teams to rehearse and perform in fully-produced plays and musicals. Academy shows are enrollment based. All students are cast in the shows and many shows are double cast, giving students more opportunity to take the stage.
Upcoming Academy Productions
Youth Ballet Theater Company: The Nutcracker
Enrollment now open!
- August 20 – Placement auditions
- August 27 – Parent Meeting at 1:30, Rehearsals begin
- November 19 – Tech rehearsal, time TBA
- December 1 – Tech/Dress rehearsal
- December 2-4 – Performs
Tuition: $400 plus a $75 costume maintenance fee.
Rehearsals will occur Saturday at 12:30pm and occasionally on Saturdays between 1:30-5pm. This section is designed especially for our youngest performers.
Tuition: $600 plus a $75 costume maintenance fee.
Rehearsals will occur on Saturdays between 1:30-5pm.
Fall Musical Theatre Academy: Beauty and the Beast, JR.
Enrollment is closed, check back in November for the next production!
The classic story tells of Belle, a young woman in a provincial town, and the Beast, who is really a young prince trapped under the spell of an enchantress. If the Beast can learn to love and be loved, the curse will end and he will be transformed to his former self. But time is running out. If the Beast does not learn his lesson soon, he and his household of lovable characters will be doomed for all eternity.
- August 13 – Placement auditions
- August 20 – First Rehearsal & Parent Meeting
- November 3 – Cast A Tech (4:30-8pm)
- November 4 – Cast A Dress (4:30-8pm)
- November 5 – Performances at 2pm and 6pm (call time 1 hour prior)
- November 6 – Performance at 2pm (call time 1 hour prior)
- November 10 – Cast B Tech (4:30-8pm)
- November 11 – Cast B Dress (4:30-8pm)
- November 12 – Performances at 2pm and 6pm (call time 1 hour prior)
- November 13 – Performance at 2pm (call time 1 hour prior)